Viewing Common Error Report
The Common Error Report is an innovative tool which shows teachers which errors are the most common and which students are making the errors. With this information, you can focus valuable class time on the areas that need more attention and, if necessary, assign additional activities.
Note: The Common error report is available only for selected automatically-graded types of activities: drop-down, fill-in, single and multiple choice, single and multiple choice underline and jumbled words. The activity must be assigned and then submitted by students to see the Common error report.
To view the Common Error Report:
- Click on the Gradebook tab.
- Select your course from the Change course drop-down list.
- Click on the content expand arrow and then on the activity or test you want to view.
- Click on Common error report to review the report.
- On the report, you can preview the assigned activity (A) and filter the view by Students (B) and by Activity types (C). You can also decide whether you would like to see Empty answers (D) or not. Click on the Accept button to accept as correct answers those which were automatically marked as incorrect.
Note: You can also access the Common error report from the To Do List. Once your students have submitted the assignment, click on the See Report link. If the activity has the option of Common error report available, the link (A) will be displayed on the Assignment report.